|Click to link to Rachel's blog|
I spent a little bit of time looking through Rachel's blog posts and ended up with rather a long short list of projects - more of a long list than a short list! Eventually though, this card sort of chose itself - let me explain!
A little white ago I made some watercolour backgrounds with dragonflies embossed on them. I used the most successful one for this card and almost discarded the other because it came out looking so bland. However, after a week of shuffling it around my desk, I decided that it could be rescued with some stamping and sponging .... and once I'd done that, I realised that my CASE for this blog hop had just chosen itself!
|Dragonfly Dreams & Awesomely Artistic in combination|
To rescue my bland card, I took the following steps (spread over several days due to time restraints!):
- Stamped with Watermelon Wonder ink using the "splodges" from the stamp set and then spritzed with some water to let them blend into the background a little.
- Let the paper dry.
- Stamped the flowers with Cherry Cobbler ink
- Using Cherry Cobbler ink and an Aqua Painter, added ink between the flowers in the top right corner.
- Using Cherry Cobbler ink and an Aqua Painter, added shading around the dragonfly image
- Let the paper dry
- Using an almost dry brush and Cherry Cobbler ink, added colour to the centres of the flowers
- Sponged Cherry Cobbler ink around the edges, blending towards the centre.
Then I adhered the ribbon to the back of the label and stuck it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
|The rather bland watercolour background that was almost rejected|
I think the main problem I had with the piece was that the gold dragonfly and the watercolour background were too similar in tone. The Cherry Cobbler shading made a huge difference.
|The dragonfly theme continues inside the card with the image from Awesomely Artistic|
I hope you've enjoyed this card and I welcome your comments.
Thanks for following our blog hop. Remember that currently you are at my blog - Stephanie Fischer - so click on the next name in the list to ensure that you don't miss out of seeing any of the blogs and the amazing inspiration they contain.
Thanks for visiting
'Til next time
Product List - To visit my online store, click on a product image below (Australian Residents only)