Today I made a birthday card for a friend of mine who loves dogs. It gave me the opportunity to ink up an image I hadn't previously used in the The Wilderness Awaits stamp set.
|The dog is from The Wilderness Awaits stamp set|
I have entered this card into Kylie's Crazy Crafter Team Projects this week - click on the image to see all of the amazing projects entered this week and vote for your favourite.
Without getting too bogged down in detail, this is an overview of my plan.
- Stamped the dog with black ink and masked it.
- Stamped Lovely as a Tree in Basic Grey ink (to put them in the distance a bit)
- Sponged the sky with Soft Sky and then the top part with some Marina Mist.
- Sponged the grass with Pear Pizzazz.
- Stamped Sheltering tree trunk in black (to make it dark to bring it forward)
- Stamped the grass from In The Meadow in Pear Pizzazz in the foreground
- Stamped the same grass over the rest of the grass area in Pear Pizzazz but stamping off first.
- Stamped the grass under the dog and tree and in the foreground with Mossy Meadow
- Used the small leaves image from Sheltering tree to add leaves to the small trees in Pear Pizzazz, Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze.
- Stamped the tree leaves image from Sheltering Tree on the big tree in Pear Pizzazz, Added some Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze with the small leaves image.
- Went over the right side of the big tree trunk with an aqua pen and a little Cajun Craze.
- Added some watercolour Pear Pizzazz to all the trees
- Unmasked the dog
- Added some watercolour Mossy Meadow under the dog and trees.
- Watercoloured the dog with Delightful Dijon
- Added Cajun Craze to the dog, working in layers a bit at a time to create highlights and shadows.
- Sponged a little bit of Mossy Meadow to the lower edge of the panel.
- Stamped the sentiment from Sheltering Tree to the shadows.
Thanks for stopping by to look.
'Til next time
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog